Perth is the kingpin of Western’s Australia’s strong economy with booming mining, petroleum, agriculture exporting, service industries. It is an international city with a diverse population that is an amalgamation of locals and migrants from other states and countries. In addition, Perth has an abundance of affordable properties to rent and buy besides numerous job, business, and education opportunities.
Hence, it is a popular destination to relocate for working professionals, students, young couples, families, and individuals. If you are among them and planning to move here with your family or alone, here is a complete renting and housing guide by expert removalists in Perth. Through this guide, get to know reasons to move to the city in detail, its property market trends, insights for housing and renting, and much more.
Reasons for Moving To Perth
Perth is the capital of Western Australia which is the country’s largest state. It has a population of over 2.14 million (approx) people and ranked among the top 15 most liveable cities in Australia according to the Economist Intelligence Unit’s index. Other reasons why Perth is worth relocating to are mentioned as follows.
• The cost of living is comparatively lower than other major cities like Sydney, Melbourne, and Brisbane.
• It has the highest working-age population of WA, and the employment rate is about 74.5 % making it an ideal destination for working professionals who are single or with families. The average salary is about $103,000, which is slightly behind Sydney, Melbourne, & Brisbane but more than Adelaide, Canberra, and Gold Coast.
• Now is the best time to invest in a property in Perth due to affordability and prediction of promising appreciation value. Renting is easy as well due to the availability of good houses and units. The median rent of $350 for the most basic accommodation has remained stable since 2017 as well.
• The city has a host of excellent public and private schools along with tops universities like the University of Western Australia, Murdoch University, and Curtin University etc.
• Whether you are moving domestically or internationally, it can be smooth as the city has some of the best removalists companies in Perth that can aid in packing, transporting, and storing your belongings.
Perth Housing Guide
According to the HIA executive director Cath Hart, for people planning to move to Perth and buy a house, there is good news as the state of Western Australia, and predominantly the capital will remain among the most affordable destinations for owning a home. If you’re planning to move with family or wish to get a house here to raise one in future now is the best time to act. The median price for buying a 3 BR house and unit is $722, 250 and $396,000. The best suburbs to live are Dianella, Scarborough, Maylands, Morley, Baldivis, Canning Vale, Rockingham, and Southern River.
At present, the housing market demand of Perth is average making it ideal for people planning to move to the city in six months to search or build a property and book a reputed removalists 1-2 months prior the moving date to avoid unavailability during peak moving seasons.
In addition, the time is perfect for building a home here as the western Australian government has announced a housing investment package of $150 million and an increase in Keystart income limits. This step was taken to boost the construction and housing sectors in the city. In addition, the property rates are set to increase in the next few years, which is why it is prudent to invest a house or unit now to have a high appreciation value asset in future.
Property Renting Guide in Perth
Perth has a plethora of units and houses available for rent close to the Central Business District and local amenities. Currently, the median price for renting a 3BR house and unit is $495/week and 600/week respectively. Renting a 3BR house or unit is ideal for people moving here with families. However, the demand for communal facilities and apartments is high among students and working professionals who look for secure, well connected, and modern spaces.
The cheapest accommodations for rent are 1BR unit at a median rent of $350/week that are mostly occupied by students and freshers looking for work. The best suburbs to live in Perth are East/south/West Perth, Scarborough, Como and Inner Perth. Finding properties for rent is easier here than buying as approximately 3,500 houses and 2,600 properties are available for long and short term leasing.
The best time to rent a property in Perth is at the start of the year (January-February) and the middle of the year (July-August) because most property owners prefer signing 6-12 months lease contracts. Also, try to book the professionals to move your belongings in advance as during these peak seasons the availability of reputed removalists in Perth reduces.
Perth is one of the best cities to live as it has excellent work opportunities, the economy is stable, and there are numerous property renting & buying options. The standard of living is high as the average pay is almost equal to that of other major cities of Australia.
Therefore, if you are considering moving to Perth, then plan act as soon as possible because the property market is stable and favourable for domestic and international migrants to buy or rent. In addition, the sooner you plan, the better your chances are of booking affordable and reputed removalists in Perth of choice.
GET YOUR FREE QUOTE