Top 10 Perth Suburbs: Ideal For Family Living
Aug 18, 2023
Are you moving a house to the capital of Western Australia? Perth was recently established as one of Australia’s most affordable capital cities. Despite the downturn of property prices nationwide, Perth’s real estate market has been stable and driving better results than other capital cities.
The best part about this city is that it offers an inviting community to settle in and raise a family- thanks to safe and secure residential areas, the best educational facilities, healthcare centres, spacious playgrounds, affordable housing options and vibrant culture.
In the past few years, the demand for a suburban lifestyle has increased, and more and more people are heading towards the small towns and suburbs of Perth.
Today, we are sharing a list of 10 best suburbs that are ideal for families. These places have great housing options, local amenities and smooth transport facilities. So, navigate the real estate market and make a well-informed decision depending on your specific needs and estimated budget.
What are the Median Property Prices in Perth, WA?
According to the latest research, the median property prices are around $850,000 for all house types and $422,000 for units. However the residential real estate market has been rising in recent years, but the demand has reduced in the last 12 months due to the following factors:
- Rising interest rates
- The percentage of interstate migration has decreased
- Higher Supply Rate
- Unfavourable Economic Conditions.
Despite this, people are moving to suburbs because of its high-quality life, low-crime rates, spacious homes, affordability, lush-green parks, great facilities, and family-friendly environment.
Make sure you do proper research about the best areas and find a suitable house in the best suburb before hiring expert removalists Perth.
Best Family-Friendly Suburbs in Perth, Western Australia
1. Subiaco : Known For its Spacious Homes
Just five kilometres from the Central Business District, Subiaco is one of the most developed and economically-driven suburbs in Perth. It is a perfect place to relocate with family, especially young kids and college students.
Subiaco is a family-friendly suburb because of the following reasons:
- Top-notch schools: The suburb has some of the best private and public schools in the city, including Perth Modern School, Wesley College and St Mary’s College.
- Spacious Homes: Subiaco 6008 offers large residential properties, with 3 or 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. The median property prices for houses are around $1,505,000 and $520,000 for units.
- Expansive Parks & Playgrounds: It is home to some of the best parks and playgrounds where kids can play. You can take your kids to the Francis Street Park or Subiaco Oval- both places are spacious and lush-green.
- Great Culinary Delights: The suburb offers some of the best restaurants, stylish cafes, bars, takeaway shops and much more.
- Safe and Sound Community: Subiaco has one of the safest communities across the city, with low crime rates. It is a great place to raise a family.
2. Byford: Explore Affordable Residential Properties
Located on the south-eastern fringe of Perth, Byford is a beautiful and vibrant suburb offering a blend of rural bliss and a rich history. The suburb is best known for its cost-efficient homes, laidback lifestyle and family-friendly atmosphere. Some of the key highlights of Byford, 6122 are:
- Affordable Homes: The median price for a 3-bedroom, 2 bathroom house is $48,000- which is significantly lower as compared to other inner-city suburbs.
- Family-Friendly Amenities: Byford offers some of the great facilities, such as a couple of great primary and secondary schools, lush-green playgrounds, food options, entertainment hubs and safe community.
- Smooth Transportation: It is well-connected to buses, trams and other public transport, making it easy to get around for work and travelling.
After choosing the location, you can create a complete moving list, book best removalists Perth and change your address to avoid last-minute chaos.
3. Harrisdale: An Ideal Place for Young Families
Nestled 20-kilometre away from the CBD, Harrisdale has become one of the ideal suburbs for young families and working professionals. The suburb offers some of the great amenities, including Cockburn Central, Jandakot and Canning Vale.
- Best School Options: This place is home to some of the best schools, such as Harrisdale Senior High School, Harrisdale Primary School, and St Mary Mackillop College.
- Affordable yet Spacious Homes: The median property prices for 3-bedroom, 2-bath houses in the suburb stands at $620,000 while the average rent is $590 per week –which is quite affordable.
- Low Crime Rates: The suburb has one of the lowest crime rates- making it a safe and sound community to live and raise a family.
- Parks and Playgrounds: It is home to Kojonup Park, Harrisdale Park, and Southern River Regional Park.
- Vibrant Atmosphere: Harrisdale has some of the best restaurants, shopping centres, boutiques, art and music scenes, gyms, swimming pools, libraries and much more.
- Transportation: There is a huge train station that offers easy access to public transport services.
4. Madeley: A Booming Community
Madeley is a thriving suburb of Perth, located 20 kilometres north of the Central Business District. This place is north of the river and offers great amenities to attract young families and working professionals.
- Beautiful Homes: You can buy a dream house and enjoy greenery and a laidback lifestyle. The average price for a house is $695,000, and $446,000 for units.
- Enjoy Open Area: The suburb has a plenty of open area for families and kids to play in.
- Schools: It has some of the renowned schools, such as Madeley Primary School, St John Paul II College and Madeley Senior High School.
- Transport Facility: It is just a distance away from roads like Mitchell Freeway and you can also access to the train facility.
If you are low on budget, move to this beautiful suburb. Also, find out the house moving cost to avoid financial crunch at the last moment.
5. Willetton: A Large Suburb of Perth
Situated on the southern side, Willetton has emerged as one of the prominent places to relocate and live with your family.
- Spacious Housing Options: Willetton is an affordable suburb with a median house price of $ 904,500 and $555,000 for units.
- Super-Convenient Location: The suburb is just a few minutes away from the CBD, making it a perfect place to live and get around for work.
- Top-class Schools: It is home to Rossmoyne Senior High School. Willetton Senior High School, etc.
- Explore Great Play Options: The suburb offers spacious playgrounds and parks, including Riverton Lakes, Willetton Park, etc.
6. Mullaloo: A Coastal Suburb
Located north of Perth, Mullaloo is a beautiful coastal suburb that offers great family-friendly facilities, new-age infrastructure options, and much more.
- Beachside Location: If you want to enjoy a beach lifestyle or love surfing and swimming, this is the ideal location for you.
- Great Housing Options: From cottages to luxury apartments, the suburb has everything. The median price for a 3-bedroom, 2-bath house is $920,000.
- Top Schools: It is home to Mullaloo Beach Primary School, Mullaloo Primary School, etc.
- You can explore lush-green parks and playgrounds- an ideal place for young kids.
- Safe Community.
7. Melville: A Cultural Hub
Located south of Perth, Melville is a cultural hub, offering great amenities, family-friendly environment, art scene, restaurants and much more:
- Playgrounds and Parks: It is home to Lake Monger, Melville Park and Bold Park.
- Housing Options: The suburb has Melville Primary School, Melville Senior High School, etc.
- Vibrant Atmosphere: Melville hosts some of the best festivals and art exhibitions.
8. Eglinton: The Most Affordable Suburb
This coastal suburb is home to a diverse and friendly community. You can relocate to this place with your family and enjoy the following amenities:
- Shopping Complexes, boutiques and local shopping markets
- Top-class schools and colleges
- Entertainment hubs
- Lush-green parks
The median house price is just $492,500- which is one of the most affordable rates for houses in Perth.
9. Waterford: A Lively Suburb
It is also one of the best places to live and raise a family. The latest development of the Signia Cove Estate makes this suburb a perfect place to live with your kids. Some of the key highlights are:
- Nearby Attractions: Perth Zoo, Canning River Regional Park, Kings Park and Botanic Garden
- Average cost of living : Approx $400 -500
- Median House price: $1,225,000
- Education facilities: Perth Creative College and Curtain University
10. Churchlands : It offers a Laidback Lifestyle
It is an ideal family-driven suburb that offers beautiful beaches, spacious houses, best schools and diverse economy.
- Nearby Attractions: Floreat Beach, Perth City, Herdsman, etc
- Median House price: $1,575,000
- Parks, playgrounds and sports recreational centres.
After doing your research, book the best removalists Perth in advance and start the packing process. You can consider the best tips when moving with kids and pets to avoid mistakes and damages.
These are the 10 most diverse, thriving and economically-stable suburbs in Perth that are ideal for family living. You can do proper market research and choose the most suitable suburb for your new residence.